Waste Ink Pad Problem
I am getting in my printer driver warning message that says parts inside my printer are reaching their end of service life. What parts are we talking about? Why does my printer stop functioning when I get the message? Is there anything I can do to continue using my printer?
Like so many other products, all Epson consumer ink jet products have a finite life span due to component wear during normal use. At some point, the product will reach a condition where either satisfactory print quality cannot be maintained or components have reached the end of their usable life. This is the normal product life cycle for highly mechanical devices like printers. This message is a warning that certain parts have reached the end of their usable life and that your printer will no longer work until it is serviced.
The message refers to the waste ink pads, which are actually a number of porous pads in the printer that collect, distribute, and very importantly contain the ink that is not used on printed pages. Ink is collected by these pads during the initial setup of the product, during cleaning cycles and when printing borderless photographs. Most users will not receive this message before the printer is replaced for other reasons. Some high volume users or those who use the printer for many years may receive this message about waste ink pads before other components reach the end of their usable life.
Epson is committed to ensuring the proper operation of all our devices to minimize the risks of property damage or personal injury during the lifespan of the product. The printers are designed to stop operating at the point where further use without replacing the waste ink pads could create risks of property damage from ink spills or safety issues related to excess ink contacting an electrical component.
Sure! Please go to Waste Ink Pad Solution
I am getting in my printer driver warning message that says parts inside my printer are reaching their end of service life.
What parts are we talking about?
Why does my printer stop functioning when I get the message?
Is there anything I can do to continue using my printer?
- 01/15/2017 Epson XP-240/900 are supported now.
- 01/14/2017 Epson L380/L383/L385/L485/L495/ET-2600/ET-2650 are supported now.
- 01/14/2017 Epson XP-241/243/245/247/342/343/345/441/442/445/640 are supported now.
- 12/05/2016 New version of the WICReset is available!
- 10/17/2016 Added support for Canon G1000, G2000, G3000 series!
- 07/30/2016 New version of the WICReset is available!
- 06/30/2016 New version of the WICReset is available!
- 05/21/2016 Added support for service functions on XP-420/XP-424.
- 05/20/2016 Added ability to change firmware version on WF-7015.
- 05/19/2016 Added abitlity to write initial settings for L550.